Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving has come and gone. So has thought. Thought doesn't know; only awareness does. But we have to pay a price for being in a state of awareness. It is not dependent on the economy but on our intention to awaken.

Here is a wonderful exercise. The next time you are having a meal in a restaurant, let your gaze slowly travel around the room. Then say to yourself, "Everyone in here is unhappy." The energy in those words is powerful. That sentence breaks the spell of the ego trying to be happy. You see, the mind is unhappy and discontent by nature. The one saying the words, "Everyone in here is unhappy" is your awareness.

You are not sentenced to a sleeping life when you use sentences like that.

I am going to be experimenting with using this as my Updates Page.

Traffic is down on my site, as I have shared with you. Change is coming and may it be a good one for us all. But that can only happen as we try to be as awake as possible at any given moment.

If you do fall through the trap door of suffering, knowing you did begins to erase the unease of that suffering.

May the force of awakening be with you.

Love, Vicki

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

Hi Vicki,

I found your website and blog a few months ago via another blog that I was reading (sorry, I don't remember who it was).

I think that using your blog as your updates page should increase your site traffic quite a bit, especially for those of us who use feed readers rather than manually checking the web sites. I noticed today that I had missed your recent updates, as I was looking for blog entries to tell me what was new on the site.

Regards,
Nicolette

Vicki Woodyard said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Nicolette. We shall see what unfolds here. I welcome comments-something the Updates Page does not offer.

I like for my writing to be thrown out on the grass wet with dew. Some of you pick it up and pick up on it :)