Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have made the astounding discovery that I am not a neoadvaitist. Duh! That is just not a girdle I want to wear. The love handles of my bhakti disposition aren’t comfortable within the confines of an Indian philosopy adopted by westerners as their very own. Oh, I agree that “I am” is the most powerful sentence ever uttered; but it, of itself, can be merely a sentence that sends you to parroting jail.
Inside that jail are the parrots of parsing that dominate online nonduality. Polly wants a cracker and needs someone to put a file in it so she may escape. The bars of “I am” are restrictive if only intellectually squawked.
Wholeness is a term I prefer. In my wholeness I resonate with who I am. Perhaps I will always be a plus size in comparison to the runway  models of advaita. 
Right now the parrots are squawking madly in the cage. Bring it, birds, for I am about to fly away.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wordsmith you are!
"peppers the world.." and "stop with a dime's worth of words so you can feel like a millionaire.." a true gift ....rare in the world of nondualality....wonderful and rare.