Friday, January 22, 2010

A Bonus Poem

This is a bonus poem for my blog readers. I have no idea who you are. Why don't you tell me? I love writing poems
in the very moment that I am writing them. In other words, no words but the words falling out of my brain and directly into the Mac.


Father, forgive me for I have sinned
and rather enjoyed it.
Savoring the nits I picked and
the overdose of chocolate and
the nasty comments aimed at
the famous bitches on ET.

Forgive me for I have fallen
off the food wagon and into
a vat of sugary confections
that settle around my waist
like a swarm of fat little flies
and of course on my fat little
thighs.

Forgive me, Father, for I am
up to my eyeballs in luxuries
I don’t need and don’t really want.
They seem to justify my existence
or I wouldn’t be buying them

Father, forgive me for asking for
forgiveness for such petty little sins.
Next time I will save my energy up
to do one big one.

Vicki Woodyard
http://www.bobwoodyard.com

No comments: