Friday, January 29, 2010

January 28, 2010

Being is the New Doing

Being is the new doing. I say that with a tad of irony. But to mystics it is the key to the kingdom of awareness. Some of us were born into this world with a strong sense of being and a much weaker sense of doing. I am in that category. I have always wondered what the fuss of action is all about. Why western civilization has put weakness before strength is beyond me.

God didn’t say “I do that I do.” He said “I am that I am.” Beingness creates, not doing. Doing is but the servant of being. Doers try to cram activity down the throats of be-ers. Extroversion is vaunted as being above introversion. “Extroversion...try it, you’ll like it” could be the slogan for the U.S. of A. While introverts sit at home knowing full well they will never know the so-called joy of being over-programmed!

The mystic way is returning to your being and it’s about time.

Sit now and breathe. Relax. Let go. It’s not about time. It’s not about accomplishment.
It’s not about money. It’s about doing what comes naturally....

If you are a be-er, God will see to it that you can do exactly that and to great effect.

1 comment:

Gail Storey said...

This is one of the most profound and funny things I've ever read! I've flogged myself into "doing" for years, and I'm now getting that "being" is so relaxing and where it's At!