Thursday, February 21, 2008

So it's a rainy night in Georgia, literally. Made more palatable by some skillet lasagna, followed by a few blocks of a giant Hershey bar with almonds.

I went to my women's group today. There were some decadent brownies sliced into small pieces. They were leftover from the Saturday conference. I sat down beside a friend and popping a bite into my mouth, proclaimed "Sweets to the Sweet." And then explained to her that since I am alone, I can do that, yea, need to do that. Of course, I was half-silly and half-serious. But here is a quote that knocked my lonely socks off:

“There is a need to find and sing our own song, to stretch our limbs and shake them in a dance so wild that nothing can roost there, that stirs the yearning for solitary voyage.”

Barbara Lazear Ascher

Yes, I am lonely, and yes, I am quite all right. Something in me knows that we are all in a universe that is perfectly designed and, as my friend John Ramsey says, is "idiot-proof."

No comments: