Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Everything is foreseen by the higher Self.
And still we buck and fight against
what is forged of destiny and cannot be escaped
except through love."

Vicki Woodyard
Nothing in our lives happens by chance; we just think it does. When I was studying with Vernon Howard, I would frequently have precognitive dreams about my visits there. They told me that I was on the right path even when it felt wrong. And it almost always felt wrong to my ego. But since the ego is an illusion born of the belief that we are separate, why listen to it?
We listen to it because we are afraid. We are also afraid of society with its message to conform. Society preaches love and delivers hate, preaches joy and delivers misery. And yet we stay, in the vain hopes that it will, one fine day, deliver what we have been waiting for. 
The only way out of delusion is awareness.
Once in awareness, we see with clear vision, that we are the Self.
And the Self is love incarnate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.