Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My friend Connie Caldes is a gifted shaman. She has journeyed for me on occasion and each time it is an enriching
experience.  She did a soul retrieval for me today and I wrote about it in the poem below. Her website is

A Piney Wood
The little girl inside of me walks a piney path
following herself home to a hollow tree.
Owl mother beams at her joyfully
as she kneels to crawl into the hole of
the old tree.
Little girl cares for owl babies
until her heart softens into sunlight
and she listens to the wind through
the pines.
Owl mother and her babies,
little girl inside of me all
feeding on love that cares
for all that live.
Now the little girl has returned
to live with me in my grownup home
where I listen to her until my
heart grows warm and melts like wax.
Vicki Woodyard

No comments: