Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Why I Write
I write because I must. Just like everything else I do, it is incomplete, unfinished in some primal way. I think we are all like that. Something is impelling us to move, to grow, to change and yet that something is as ineffable as the wind.
I consider the website a place for what must be to happen. So many years of plodding on, of wondering how much  longer I could stand things the way they were...and then suddenly I was out into the sunlight again. Alone. And with nowhere to go and nothing to do. I must be about my Father’s business.  And it isn’t selling or buying. What is it, then, that I must do now that I am standing alone and free?
Once I answer that question I can move on up the vertical ladder that we are all born to climb. While I pause on this rung, I am here breathing with you and listening for your voice. Or is it mine? Or ours?
Often I am awake in the wee hours like so many others are. Today is one of those nights :) I just ate a piece of toast and had some Ovaltine. And came in here to visit myself in the form of words to us all. One piece of advice I give myself:  Rest easy. The hard part of the journey is over.


Listen to Suffer Consciously on Audio 2010 .

1 comment:

Gail Storey said...

Vicki, I cherish the last two lines of your post: "Rest easy. The hard part of the journey is over." Bless you.