Friday, August 01, 2008

The Dog Days

The Dog Days cause us to pant and drool as we sit on our couches in air-cooled rooms. If we are lucky. I have been so frustrated with my Mac. It froze and I had to take it in to the Apple Store, where it had almost a week's vacation. Then I picked it up and it hadn't been properly fixed. So I shared my elevated blood pressure with the store manager. "You're lucky. You hit me at the right time. I'm gonna give you a new one." Thanks, I think. But that means I have to haul the old one back into the store and wait while they transfer the old data onto the new one. Then I have to learn how to use the new one.

Reminds me of incarnation and how it works. You get a new life. But first they transfer your old data into the new one. That is called karma, I believe. And learning how to use the new life involves diapers and drool. As at the beginning, so at the end.

We are a funny species. Mired in brain cells, we are still unable to learn our lessons. Brains, like computers, break down, and we are left with lots of unfinished business.

Anybody feel like making a comment?

1 comment:

Jane said...

At least you can increase the RAM in the computer while in our brains we are stuck with what we were given in the beginning