Thursday, August 07, 2008

Okay, here's the deal. I got my new Mac last night and I am having lots of problems on its shakedown cruise. So why not come on over here to the blog until I get things figured out. I am not a techie; hence the big mess. I used Netscape Navigator for my homepages. It crashed on me bigtime and I cannot upload a version that works for me. That is why, if you notice, the copy on Updates goes back three years. Actually, that was when I got a new Mac, too.

I think the universe wants me to take a trip. As I said, maybe become a wandering mendicant. Just me in a pair of shorts and shirt and a begging bowl. Sometimes I think it is awful to be so "on" that when things break down, you find yourself up a creek.

Now I shall put my spiritual writer's hat on and say this:

Nothing can be nailed down. Not even Christ.

So take nothing literally. Everything rises.

I love you all. And pray that I find a way to undork the website soon. I have a neckache from trying to figure it all out.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm sending a truckload of sympathy your way. Hopefully it will contain the truckload of other stuff stinking up your world.

After over three years of battling issues on my own website, I really do feel for you.

Just keep writing, Vicki, the rest will work itself out.

Vicki Woodyard said...

Merci. And I needs me some mercy, too. Lawd, lawd.

I see that the time setting on the blog is incorrect. Well, I managed to cook a terrific meal. Steak Diane with less than a pound of beef tips. But I made mashed potatoes to go with...yum.

Talked to my son about the direction my writing and my life should go. He advocates less time online and more time in life. I could definitely use that. As you know, being a webmaster guarantees little feedback. People surf in, get what they need and leave. It is the rare one who donates or even says thank you. To those I am deeply grateful and they know who they are.