Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Sky....Is it Falling?
Of course it is....it’s just a matter of where and when.

I just bought myself a crash helmet. Now that I have it on, I will no longer be bothered
by the fear of the sky falling. It’s about time I got practical about it. Up until now, I have worried myself sick about the sky and it’s tenuous grip on reality. And the sky doesn’t give a flip about me; that much I know. It would think nothing of falling on just my house, leaving everything else intact. That is how compassionate the sky is.

I encourage all of you to get a crash helmet. I suspect you have your own fears involving the demise of your perfect little life. You may be planning an outdoor wedding or just a barbecue. If the sky falls, it will ruin the whole thing. No guru can prepare you for such an event. For that, you need a helmet.

Gurus are always telling you not to worry, to just be happy. I believe Meher Baba started that ridiculous belief. Obviously he never had the sky fall on HIM. That would have changed his philosophy. It’s hard to believe in unity when the sky has taken out your skylights and blown out all of your windows. And the insurance adjuster says the sky falling is not an act of God. How dumb is that?

I used to study books about enlightenment until the sky fell on my effing house and now there is no house at all. The sky gave me enlightenment by taking away my house and the security it afforded. Big mistake, Sky. Big mistake. Because today I am wearing a crash helmet and you can’t touch me anymore.

I am offering a special deal on crash helmets. One size fits all and the only color they don’t come in is Sky Blue. I don’t want to give the sky any free advertising. I also have a treehouse you can
timeshare with any or all of your buddies. If you have any brains at all, you will want to order your helmet before the sky gets wind of this and takes us all out.

Vicki Woodyard
http://www.bobwoodyard.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep it up--very insightful. Why didn't Chicken Little think of that? And,,,why is the sky blue, by the way???,,,,hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Vicki Woodyard said...

I am happy this bit of scientific info helped you. Perhaps you can begin a data base of who the sky falls on and why. This is an impersonal universe but sometimes the sky gets way too personal for my taste.

And there are times when it falls on exactly the right people and you can perhaps conceal a smile or suppress a giggle. You know the types....the same ones you hope will "get theirs."

Lately nuthatches have been making holes in my cedar siding and I can only hope....